Professionals with advanced degree or exceptional abilities
The EB-2 classification applies to foreign nationals who are “members of the professions holding advanced degrees (Master’s) or their equivalent” and aliens “who because of their exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business will substantially benefit the national economy, cultural or educational interests, or welfare of the United States.”
- Foreign professional must have earned an advanced degree (beyond Bachelor’s), a U.S. Bachelor’s degree, or a foreign equivalent degree
- Must also have 5+ years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in the specialty.
- EB-2 petitions must generally be accompanied by an approved labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration.
EB-2 – Professionals With Exceptional Ability
Foreign nationals with exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business may qualify for permanent residence status under this category. Furthermore, individuals may apply for a waiver of job offer and labor certification if they can establish that such a waiver is in the national interest.
- An official academic record showing the foreign alien has a degree or diploma relating to the area of exceptional ability;
- A license to practice the profession or certification for a particular profession or occupation;
- Recognition for achievements and significant contributions to the industry or field by peers, government entities, professional or business organizations;
*Our Role in Your Success
At Zaidi Law Firm PC, honoring our responsibility to our clients is our foremost priority. We believe that your success is our success. So, we have developed a system over the years to ensure your success and continue adding cases to our winning track record. First, we evaluate your educational qualifications and work experience to determine whether or not you actually meet the requirements for this visa. Only if we feel that you are qualified, we will prepare all documentation and forms needed to submit an airtight application. Then we will walk you through the complex PERM Labor Certification process step by step and represent you before the USCIS.
(Preparing your paperwork through an expert immigration attorney significantly increases your chances of approval. We frequently help clients whose applications were denied on their first attempt secure approval with minimal waiting time and effort. Even if your case hasn’t been denied, choosing to get it done right the first time could save you valuable time and money.)